-->

Friday, June 3, 2016

Saying Goodbye to Jake for a Month

On Wednesday morning, our time with Jacob had come to an end for a little while. The kids and I took Jake to the airport to fly out to his dad's for the month of June, and we were all pretty sad. We got there early, bought some cinnamon-sugar pretzel bites, sat on the terminal floor and prayed. We held hands and I tried to pray over Jacob, but all I could muster out was "I pray for Jacob..."

And then the crocodile tears fell.

I literally couldn't utter another word, but I know that God was there and knew my heart. And He already knew everything I wanted to say. I knew He would take good care of Jake while he was gone, no matter what happened over the course of a month. My mom heart just ached so bad.














We laughed and Jake made fun of his crazy emotional mom. We hugged. We cried some more. And then he was gone.


Leaving your child for 30 straight days never gets easier. But, I'm so grateful that we have hope. And cell phones!

For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
Isaiah 41:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...