-->

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Our Farmhouse-Style Dining Room

Back in early March, I decided to renovate our dining room. Since it only housed our dining table and benches (and chairs that kept falling apart), it really didn't take a lot to renovate it other than a couple good coats of paint and some new sturdy chairs. Well...and something to go on the walls.

The walls were a baby blue color before - not really the look I was going for:


The chandelier wasn't my style either. Thankfully, my friend Crystal was selling her old chandelier, so I bought it from her real cheap and spray-painted it with Rustoleum's oil rubbed bronze. (It was originally brass before she painted it white.)

It looked brand new when I was done!


Next up was the big job of painting. I chose my favorite Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter color (color-matched with Lowe's Valspar primer + paint) and got to town. Four hours + 2 coats later, it was done!

So, the room went from this:


To this:


To finally this:












I moved the two large benches along the back wall and hung those rustic chevron wood wall organizers with 4x6 matted photos in clips to create our family photo wall that I've always dreamed of. I hung them with 3M Command strips, and they all fit together perfectly! (Plus, I love that I can change them out anytime I want!)

I found 8 new black metal chairs, added a few pillows and decorative items, and it's a rustic dining room that we will love and treasure and use for many years to come. (The corner wall will one day hold a china cabinet full of china, glasses and extra silverware - perfect for entertaining family and friends.)

So blessed and grateful to have this finished space!

Details:
Paint color | Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter
Farmhouse table + benches | handmade
Black metal chairs |  6 chairs from walmart.com, 2 from overstock.com (exact same chair)
Table runner | World Market
Candlesticks | Michael's
Decorative planters | TJ Maxx
Chandelier | Gift from a friend
Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint | Home Depot
Throw pillows | Old Time Pottery
Chevron wood wall organizers | Hobby Lobby
Cianci Place personalized wood sign | Steponitart shop on Etsy
White Corelle plates | Walmart (hung with 3M Command strips)
Black number stickers | Hobby Lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...