-->

Monday, January 11, 2016

New Year // 2016


New Year's Eve was fun at the Cianci abode. We had friends + family over. Kids running all over the place, watching movies + playing board games. (I think there were at least 8.) Adults upstairs watching football.

And the food...don't even get me started on the food. I was so busy having fun that I didn't take any pics, but the food table was crazy! We had pulled pork in the crock pot with buns to make sandwiches, taco cupcakes with cheese, lettuce, sour cream + pico, pepperoni bagel bites, a Chick-fil-a chicken nugget tray, black bean salsa w/chips, slush punch, Christmas goodies - snickerdoodles, chocolate crinkle cookies, pretzel hugs + butterscotch haystacks. Jenny brought homemade egg rolls, Filipino fried chicken + cupcakes, Kris brought pizza + drinks, others brought beer + drinks...it was just so, so good.

This is exactly what we dreamed of when we thought of moving to a larger home. Having space to live + breathe + grow + invite others in.

I think back to the feelings I felt when we got stuck in our money pit of a house for 3 whole years. Sadness. Disbelief. Frustration. Exhaustion. Anger. Just bottom-of-the-bucket despair like nothing I've ever felt. All while seeing our foundation + walls closing in, cracks reappearing + growing by the day. I prayed and prayed for God to move mountains, but we literally couldn't see a way out. We felt so buried that it just seemed impossible.

We couldn't see a way out. But, God did. 

I wake up every morning now in this beautiful new home and don't even know how we got here. There were so many details, so many things that had to happen to get out of our old house and into something else, and God's hand was on all of it.

Our lives, our stories are full of redemption. Knowing where we've been + how far we've come gives me hope that God can move mountains in other areas + seasons of my life too.

God is working on my heart, my husband + family. And that's what I want to focus on in 2016. A year of trusting Jesus to the core. Praising Him for His constant faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...