-->

Monday, June 29, 2015

Saying Goodbye to Jake for a Month

Yesterday was a day of goodbyes. We spent the morning at church and went out for a late lunch - our "Last Supper" with Jake before his month-long trip to his dad's. Caught up on some things at home, while Jake packed his bag. Then, it was time for goodbyes before Jake and I left for the airport.

I think the pictures speak for themselves. We were all in tears and hated to see him go...



















We walked into the airport, grabbed a bite to eat and sat and waited forever since his flight got delayed. (Like 2 hours delayed - he wasn't due to arrive in Ohio until 12:30am. Ugh.) We hugged, I kissed his cheek, I prayed a blessing over him and then he was off.

Tears streaming down my face, I felt God whisper the words...

You're going to be okay.
He's going to be okay.

God loves Jacob so much more than I do, and I know he'll be safe in His arms. No matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...