-->

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Another Snow Day

Last night we got hit with a couple more inches of snow, so the county cancelled school again this morning. (Which the kids loved.)

Here we are with another beautiful view - and another snow day at home!




The snow was melting fast, so Connor and I didn't have time to get all bundled up and make it worth it. But, the big kids made their own little snowman and affectionately named him Olaf. Go figure.


Connor loved that, of course. Olaf is his favorite, and now he has his very own! (For a little while, anyway.)



You know, some moms cringe whenever they hear the county cancel school and they have multiple kids at home bugging them all day. But, I happen to love snow days. We have nowhere to go, nothing to do. And we can just have fun!

I make beds, load the dishes and the laundry in the morning. We have cinnamon or orange rolls for breakfast, we go out and play in the snow. Warm baths and hot chocolate follow. With a movie and popcorn over lunch. Cookies baking in the oven. Then, quiet reading time and a family game of Uno. Or, maybe a puzzle sprawled out to work on together. To me, it's the perfect day to just be and spend that precious time together. Because I know these snow days are numbered, and I won't always have a full house to cuddle up to and enjoy. So, in my mind - the more snow days, the better.

1 comment:

  1. I always loved any day that the kids were out of school. While friends moaned and groaned, I was saying, "Yah."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...