-->

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

To My Daughter

When the kids at school like to squeeze your little cheeks and tell you how cute you are, and you get more and more annoyed every day...I see you.

When the girl sitting next to you moves her lunchbox to sit with friends at another table...I see you.

When the kids at recess tell you they don't want to play with you...I see you.

When you do something nice for a friend and they don't understand...I see you.

When your friends talk about each other behind their backs and you just want to treat everyone the same...I see you.

When the girl brags about all the new toys she got for her birthday...I see you.

When kids laugh or make fun of you...I see you.

Years ago, I was you. And I still struggle with those same feelings when I'm around certain people at different points in life. You feel left out. You feel like you don't fit in, like you're the only one. You feel lonely. You feel scared and afraid. You feel like you don't matter.

But, God has given us so much more. All we have to do is receive it.

"I am a child of God." John 1:12
"I am a friend of Jesus." John 15:15
"I am a new creature in Christ." 2 Corinthians 5:17
"I have been chosen of God, and I am holy and beloved." Colossians 3:12
"I am redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Christ." Ephesians 1:7
"I have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise." Ephesians 1:13
"I have boldness and confident access to God through faith in Christ." Ephesians 3:12
"I have been set free in Christ." Galatians 5:1
"God supplies all my needs." Philippians 4:19
"God loves me and has chosen me." 1 Thessalonians 1:4

I'm proud of you, baby girl. You are brave. You are beautiful. You are loved. You will never go unnoticed.
 
You are a princess. The daughter of a King.

I pray these moments - some not-so-fun teachable moments - will help you grow into a Godly young woman full of love, full of mercy, full of grace.

May God's blessings shine all around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...