-->

Friday, September 26, 2014

All I Need

It's easy to get in a rut of things. Do the same thing over and over in life and not even think about what you're doing. What once starts out as an every-so-often luxury turns into an every day "must" - and before you know it, it's a full-blown addiction.

That's what my life has turned into over the last 20 years. I started out having one soda drink every now and then in high school. As an adult, I started drinking a soda every day at lunch. But, since I've become a mother 12 years ago, I've realized - with all the craziness and chaos, time-outs and tantrums, family time and overall busyness in life with three kids - the one thing I could count on to get me through the day was an ice cold soda, cup of chai tea, or insert here. (A brownie, cookie, a little chocolate...)

Have you busy moms ever done that, too??

Drinking soda or having a special treat became the focus and center of my days. What started out as something I looked forward to, suddenly became an idol to me.

Instead of giving God all the glory and power, I was giving it all away to something arbitrary - something that didn't really matter.

I have felt so convicted of this lately, and I knew things had to change. For my health. For my sanity. For my family. For my God.

I don't need food or drinks or something special to highlight my day. I need Jesus. His all-encompassing, all-forgiving, all-consuming kind of love. That's what's going to get me through. He is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...