-->

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

First Day of School

Last Friday the 8th was Jake and Brooklyn's first day of school. We were so busy that week I didn't have time to make rainbow pancakes like last year, but we had a little devotion and prayer time over breakfast which was much more important anyway. Can't believe school days are here already!

Here's our new 7th grader:

 5'4" tall // 140 lbs. 
Sizes: Men's small shirts // 18 pants // 10.5 shoe

And our sweet-and-sassy 1st grader:

42 in. tall // approx. 45 lbs.
Sizes: Girls 6/6X // 12 shoe 


A not-so-cool picture for mom in front of the school - ha!:


This is Brooklyn's first year at another new school, so she was pretty nervous. She went to our zoned public school for kindergarten last year (and loved it) and then got accepted into Jake's magnet school, so we switched her. I had so many emotions running through my mind and heart that morning. I worried that she wouldn't find her class or the bathroom or know where to stand for dismissal. (We gave her a tour, but still.) I worried she might be lonely during lunch or recess because she was so shy. I worried she'd have a hard time making new friends, standing her ground with the mean kids...or a hard time adjusting to the magnet program in general.

But, this is what letting go in motherhood is all about. I had to let go, give her little life to the Lord, and trust that He loves her more and will take good care of her this year when I'm not around. I surrendered my kids to the Lord. And I know they're going to be just fine - mishaps, failures and all.



I miss the big kids so much, but this little dude captures a lot of my time these days. And I don't think either one of us are complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...