-->

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Nine Years


Nine years ago, I married my best friend. Little did I know how much that friendship would grow. How much that friendship would really mean to me. Or, how much I would need and depend on that friendship for everything.

God has thrown us on a wild rollercoaster ride for the past 9 years. We've had plenty of good moments with the birth of our two babies (in addition to Jacob) and all the fun and joy that comes with being a family of five, but lordy - these years have challenged, stretched and pushed me in ways I could never imagine. It's been one hard ride, to say the least.

But, today, as I look back on all our time together, I am grateful. Grateful for a man who loves me on my happy days and the I'm-at-the-end-of-my-rope days. Who works hard to provide and support our family by working long hours at two jobs. Who loves God and isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes. Who loves his children with his whole being. Who truly, honestly cares about people and feels the weight of the world on his shoulders at times.

As difficult as life sometimes gets, I always know there's a safe place for me to fall. A place where I can pour my heart out, wipe the tears. Where he will encourage me. Help me back up. Love me all the way through.

I'm forever grateful for the man who shares this journey with me. This journey called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...