My first idea was to make a personalized burlap banner with the baby's name, but after some careful thought, I realized the burlap material could fray easily and may not last as long as I'd like. So, here's how I made mine.
What you will need:
- Natural wooden pennants
- Wooden letters
- Wooden accessories (I used wooden birds on the ends)
- Acrylic paint (Chalkboard paint would work great too!)
- Wood glue
1. Paint the wooden pennants the color of your choice. Let dry.
2. Paint the wooden letters or accessories. Let dry.
3. Spread a thin line of wood glue on the back of each letter and attach to each pennant. Apply pressure for a minute or two. Set something heavy (like a book) on top of the letter/pennant and let dry overnight.
4. String ribbon through the holes in each pennant and hang!
The perfect bunting banner for a baby shower or child's room - something to be enjoyed for many years to come.
All items used for this project were purchased from Michael's.