-->

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

DIY // Front Porch Refresh

Our front porch hadn't been updated in awhile. The flowers from last spring died long ago. Planters sat empty. And my simple little wreath (with an old bird's nest on top) just never looked right.

The front porch looked a little neglected. Something that always bothered me. 

With tons of ideas swirling in my head, yet realizing my very limited budget - I decided to stick with what I had, but give it a quick refresh for summer. And all it took was 10 minutes!



I took off the cheap metal wreath holder, hung the wreath a little lower with burlap ribbon and taped the ribbon to the top of the screen door. The wreath was way too high before, so that change alone made a huge difference! And I love that I can change out the bow for different seasons throughout the year.


I added some fun adhesive letters to the front door:



These white lilies from the dollar store worked perfectly to fill my planters. (I kill every plant in sight, so I decided fake is the best way for me to go. And I love it! Don't judge.)


Our front porch is much more welcoming for guests now.



Our house numbers got a quick refresh too. They were originally brass, then satin nickel - which never showed up. I didn't want to spend any money or drill a bunch of new holes, so I used what we had and painted them with Rust-oleum metallic spray paint in Oil Rubbed Bronze to match our porch lights and planters. A much better look than before!



Small little changes that are making our house feel even more like home. And that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...