Wednesday, March 5, 2014
I honestly can't remember how I found this recipe bookmarked on chefrecip.es, but I made it this week for the first time and it was a hit! Definitely one of our new family favorites.
- 1 jar tomato basil pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach or kale, washed
- 2 large carrots, washed and diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- 1 (12 oz.) container fresh white mushrooms
- 1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, cubed
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, browned and crumbled (in the meat section - looks like ground beef)
- 1 (12 oz.) package Barilla family-sized three cheese dried tortellini
Without adding the tortellini, combine all other ingredients to your slow cooker or crock pot. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours. Add tortellini, and continue to cook. Cook on high for 2 more hours, or low for 3 more hours.