-->

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Jacob's Baptism

Today was a very special day. Jacob decided to get baptized - and he asked Scot to do it! It was one of those moments I'll never forget. A moment I wasn't sure was going to happen.

It made me think back to where it all started. Jake's difficult birth. The middle-of-the-night cries and exhausting months after he was born. The long, tiring days as a single mom. Working full-time with jobs I didn't like, trying to make it on my own in a small apartment, making sure all of Jacob's needs were met, letting him go on visits with his dad and with people I had never met, holding him in bed for hours until his angry tantrums subsided. There were lonely days and they were hard.

Dreams were shattered. New labels were given. We had baggage.

I often wondered,
What kind of boy or man will this little one become? 
Will I be able to provide and give him the life he deserves? 
Where will we be in 10 years?
Are we really going to make it?

Then, I saw this. My husband baptizing my 11-year-old son with our church family this morning. And the tears just wouldn't stop falling. For our God has blessed us in more ways than I could have ever imagined.



And this song followed:



To see where we've come from and to see where we're going. With God by our side...anything is possible. 

He has overcome. And I've never been more grateful or proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...