-->

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Girls Weekend

I've been MIA on the blog lately, but I have a good reason why. Last Friday, I flew to Cleveland for a girls weekend with my sisters and cousin to celebrate my sister Tiff's 40th birthday. It was my first ever get-away alone - the longest I've ever been away from the kids, but it was so worth it. We had a great time!

It was a crazy week trying to get everything done before the trip, but I savored the little moments before I left. Like checking on my angels one last time before I went to bed:



Playing Tooth Fairy for Jake - and actually remembering (we forgot the first two nights):


Last goodbyes before school:

Early morning snuggles:


My sweet farewell crew at the airport:



My view in Cleveland (with lots of snow!):


My brother-in-law Mike made all the fun arrangements in secret, so Tiff didn't know about any weekend plans or that I was coming until she and our cousin Lesley arrived in our hotel room on Friday night. It was a great surprise!

We stayed up half the night talking, slept in and had brunch the next morning at this great little dive called Lucky's Cafe.


Their smoothies were amazing.


And the biscuits and gravy? Heaven on a plate. Seriously.


After brunch, we walked a few doors down to Lilly Handmade Chocolates. They serve specialty wines and the most beautiful chocolate truffles I've ever seen.


We all picked three and savored every bite.


Sisters. :)


From there, we drove to Spa West for pedicures. We each had a glass of wine (or sparkling cider for preggo mama Linds) and were treated like royalty. The perfect place to relax.



Hanging out in the relaxation room afterwards:



That evening, we headed downtown and braved the yucky rain to find a good place to eat.


A lot of the places were already full. But, there was a great spot at the bar at Cowell & Hubbard, which we couldn't pass up!


We ordered three appetizers to share, and they were totally amazing.


Next stop for the night: Cleveland Play House theater.


Mike got us tickets to see the musical Menopause. We may have been the youngest ones there, but it was pretty hilarious - pink microphone and all! (Trust me, you don't want to know.)



After the show, we all were hungry so Lindsay took us to the coolest little Italian restaurant called Dante for late-night noodles after 10pm.


We officially celebrated Tiff's birthday, singing and all.



We capped off the night with late-night talks till 2am and a good 3am brawl from our next door neighbors in room 610. Fun memories, I tell you.

Our drives through Cleveland looked mostly like this (piled carseats, lots of laughing, squeezed cheeks in back):


Or like this when Lindsay's hubby Chris attempted to squeeze into the driver seat and drive us to lunch:


The last stop of the weekend was seeing Chris and Lindsay's house after church on Sunday. The drive there was snowy and beautiful.


A neat place with space for little ones to run around and play one day. Making their mark one step at a time...




Before we knew it, it was time to head home.


So grateful for family and the chance to get away and spend time together. Time moves on and we all get older and grow and change, but that unconditional love is always there. Family truly is a gift, and I'll never take that for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...