Thursday, January 16, 2014
My favorite rolls for special occasions - compliments of good ol' Betty Crocker. You will love them!
*Do not use cloverleaf rolls for this recipe because the roll section will separate when the pocket is cut.
- 12 purchased round soft smooth-topped dinner rolls
- 8 slices bacon (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, finely chopped (about 16 olives)
- 4 medium green onions, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 oz.) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
In each roll, cut a pocket from the top down to within 1/2-inch from each side, cutting almost to but not through the bottom; set aside. Line bacon rack or microwaveable plate with paper towels; place bacon on rack. Cover with paper towel. Microwave on High 4 to 6 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Crumble bacon when it is cool enough to handle. In a small bowl, mix bacon, olives, onions, mayonnaise and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Fill each pocket with 1 heaping tablespoon of bacon mixture. Place rolls on ungreased cookie sheet; sprinkle each roll with 2 tsp. cheese. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes, or until filling is hot.
Yield: 12 rolls