-->

Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Year // 2014

We went to church today - the first time in 2014 - and Pastor Pete's message hit me like a ton of bricks. The goals that he shared are exactly what I want to focus on in this new year ahead.

1. More faith, less fear.

- Most common emotions expressed by people:
a. love
b. regret
- Without faith, it's impossible to please God.

2. More wisdom, less foolishness.

- Realize and admit that we need God's wisdom.
- We can't do life on our own.
- Sin is stupid.

3. More quiet, less noise.

- Be intentional with my time.
- The silence drowns out all the loud voices, so we can hear the quiet voices. So, we can hear Him.
- We need to pull away from everything to realize our sense of worth, our purpose in life.

4. More gratitude, less entitlement.

- Don't think "If ___ was different, then I'd be happy and satisfied."
- Give thanks for every circumstance that comes my way. 
- Realize that God's going to use everything. 
- Look at life as a gift.
- If God doesn't give me one more thing, I still owe Him everything


Thus, my word for 2014 came to me easily. Right in the middle of church.

I want to be thankful. To view every circumstance, every thing in life as a gift. Thankful in sickness, in health. Thankful when I'm happy, content and don't ever want the moment to end. Thankful when I'm tired, frustrated, ready to throw in the towel. When I know I'm right where I'm meant to be or when life closes in and I don't see a way out. Good and bad, I want to be thankful for all of it. And let His glory shine the whole way through.

Here we go, 2014. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...