1. More faith, less fear.
- Most common emotions expressed by people:
- Without faith, it's impossible to please God.
2. More wisdom, less foolishness.
- Realize and admit that we need God's wisdom.
- We can't do life on our own.
- Sin is stupid.
3. More quiet, less noise.
- Be intentional with my time.
- The silence drowns out all the loud voices, so we can hear the quiet voices. So, we can hear Him.
- We need to pull away from everything to realize our sense of worth, our purpose in life.
4. More gratitude, less entitlement.
- Don't think "If ___ was different, then I'd be happy and satisfied."
- Give thanks for every circumstance that comes my way.
- Realize that God's going to use everything.
- Look at life as a gift.
- If God doesn't give me one more thing, I still owe Him everything.
Thus, my word for 2014 came to me easily. Right in the middle of church.
I want to be thankful. To view every circumstance, every thing in life as a gift. Thankful in sickness, in health. Thankful when I'm happy, content and don't ever want the moment to end. Thankful when I'm tired, frustrated, ready to throw in the towel. When I know I'm right where I'm meant to be or when life closes in and I don't see a way out. Good and bad, I want to be thankful for all of it. And let His glory shine the whole way through.
Here we go, 2014. Bring it on.