-->

Friday, November 8, 2013

DIY // Photo Greeting Cards

Ever since I was young, handwritten notes have been important to me. Whether it was my mom instilling writing etiquette tips to me and my sisters per Emily Post, my Nana's handwritten letters I received every week growing up or hand-addressing wedding envelopes in calligraphy for a little extra cash in high school, I learned the written word was valuable.

But, let's face it. Big-name cards aren't really affordable for everyone these days. So, I came up with a simple, easy solution to make my own photo greeting cards - and, hopefully, keep that long-lost-art alive.


What you'll need:

- 4 x 6 photo paper
- 8.5 x 11 cardstock paper
- Photo self-adhesive squares
- 4 3/4 x 6 1/2 envelopes (I got mine from Staples)

Instructions:

1. Print out your favorite photos.
2. Fold cardstock in half, cut whatever size card you'd like and tape photos on the front. Voila!

We made thank you notes from our Disney trip.



(My kids included. Writing thank-yous is a gift I've passed down to my kids and hope they always cherish.)


I made some to send out at Christmas.

And some random pics for birthdays, a friend's bad day or to tell someone "I'm thinking of you."

The possibilities are endless, but the same message remains: I love you and you're not forgotten.

Happy writing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...