-->

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Making Kids Lunches in a Snap!

Since school's started (and the fact that I have two kids in school all day now plus the hubs), making lunches each night has been such a chore. I've since revamped our lunch-making process, so now we can pull lunches together in a snap!

It starts with my new Sunday night ritual: the snack hunt. I gather whatever snacks I have on hand (goldfish, veggie straws, chips, crackers, pretzels, mixed nuts, homemade trail mix, popcorn, beef jerky, etc.) and put individual servings in Ziploc snack bags. At least 5 bags per item, plenty to choose from for the week.




I found this great basket at Dollar Tree and store all the filled baggies in here:



Perfect to carry in and out of our pantry.



I even organized my cheese, fruit, veggies and hard-boiled eggs in the fridge this way too.



No matter what sandwich or main item I make, it doesn't take me long to throw the other stuff together before lunches are all ready to go! Plus, it's easier for the kids to help too. Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...