-->

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Day of School

Monday was Jacob's first day of school. His first day as a 6th grader. We started the morning off with a new tradition - rainbow pancakes to celebrate the big day!


The kids were so excited. Except for the fact that it was 6:15am, which was a little too early for their liking. (And the fact that Jacob spilled syrup on his nice shirt, so he had to change shirts before pictures. A not-so-cool thing for an almost-11-year old, I hear.)



Can't believe we have a middle schooler in the house!



He's 5'2'', 124 pounds, wearing size 18 shorts, men's small shirts and size 10 shoe. He'll be passing me up in no time, I'm afraid.

Today was Brooklyn's first day of kindergarten!



She's still a little thing, weighing less than 40 pounds and measuring 41.5 inches tall. She bumped up to size 5/6 clothes and size 11.5 shoe. This girl comes fully accessorized too. :)

I drove her to school (while a friend watched Connor) and stayed with her for parent orientation from 7:15-9am. We did a scavenger hunt together and found her locker, her cubby and even read books together. It was a great morning. Even though she was nervous and a little shy.



I kept it together until I got to the car, and I realized how much I'm going to miss her. My little girl.


So thankful for sweet teachers and a caring staff at our kids' schools.


Many prayers for a great school year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...