-->

Friday, June 21, 2013

Laying Low


Things have been pretty quiet around here lately. Last Saturday, I started feeling pressure and a rattle in my chest every time I took a breath. It lasted all day Saturday and again on Sunday. On Monday night, I started getting a 102 fever, body aches, chills. On Tuesday, I could barely walk. I threw up a few times and my fever raged on. I was so weak. By Wednesday, I finally took the kids with me to the doctor to get this thing figured out.

The doctor listened to my lungs, which sounded fine. But, being the careful doctor he is (along with some gently prodding from me), he finally decided to send me over to the hospital for a chest x-ray just to make sure. And thank goodness he did! The nurse called me a couple hours later to tell me I had a mild case of pneumonia on my right lobe. They put me on two kinds of antibiotics and an inhaler to use each day, so I've been laying low lately. Trying to rest as much as possible. Trying to whisper more, since I've lost my voice. Trying to stop the constant coughing. Trying to breathe.

It's amazing how something as simple as breathing often gets taken for granted in the hustle and bustle of life. It's not until I struggled to breathe this week that I've come to appreciate those basic human functions and how often God meets our most simple and essential needs, giving us the breath of Life - every second of every day. May we never forget that. 

(Oh, and yes - I am recovering just fine. Thanks to a great hubby, friends, neighbors and prayers from family. Childcare and meals included. I am blessed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...