-->

Friday, May 3, 2013

Flying Solo

Scot's been gone on a work trip in Chicago all week, so I've been flying solo with the kids. It's been one long, interesting week.

On Monday, we stocked up on groceries for the week.


On Tuesday, we stopped by Wendy's for a little after-school treat.




Ran some errands.


Watered flowers and played outside.











We ate a quick family dinner. Pigs-in-a-blanket may or may not have been involved. :)


Connor sat at the table for the first time too! Such a big boy.





We rushed Jake to one of his soccer tournament games after dinner. Practice started at 6:15, the game started at 7pm. (We just stayed for the first part, my friend brought him home later.)




The crazy crew on the sidelines:



My sweet sleeping partner is always the best when dad's gone, but that night she kept me awake all. night. long. Sniffing and snorting from allergies. (I finally understood why Connor's been waking up 2-3 times a night for the past month.)


I felt like I got hit by a mac truck when I woke up at 6am to take Jake to school, but I pushed through.

On Wednesday morning, the little ones and I went to our BSF Bible Study class. We had fellowship and a picnic at the park afterwards with our kids. It was a lot of fun.



Connor was on-the-go the entire time, so I had to chase him and watch him like a hawk. He ate dirt, climbed up the slides, ran into ditches, took off for the street. Oh, the life of a boy mom.

He loved our time so much that he threw an epic tantrum on our way out. He turned around in the stroller and slid all the way to the ground, while kicking and screaming from getting stuck. He stiffened his back in the car seat, threw himself all over the place.

It brought back all those memories of Jacob as a defiant toddler. The kicks, the screams, the hair-pulling, the slaps in the face. I fretted, I worried, I disciplined - thinking the whole time that my boy child was turning into a hellion and this stage would never end. But, it did. And, by the grace of God, I survived. Now at my third go-around, this mild tantrum just made me laugh. I know my sweet boy's still there. :)

Jake had his first round of shots at the allergist's after school and he did great. The allergist gave us nasal spray to help both kids breathe better at night. What a lifesaver!

His 4pm game got canceled that day, so he finished up some homework.


I tried to keep up with the kids' allergy meds each day.


Meanwhile, Connor missed dad like crazy. He went to the garage door each night before bed - putting his hands out, looking for "dada."



We even tried calling Scot, but then Connor got mad and threw a fit.


We got a bunch of library books this week and had family story time in bed. The kids loved that.


I put these puppies in full force this week:



They seem to be working well so far.

On Thursday, I got a call from the nurse saying that Jacob had taken a bad fall at school. The back of his head hit the concrete hard. He was dizzy, so the nurse told me to come pick him up and watch for signs of a concussion. Thankfully, other than a bad headache, he's been fine. But, I kept him home from school today just to make sure.

Glad this crazy week is over! We're all ready for dad to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...