-->

Thursday, February 7, 2013

One Day at a Time




This boy has kept me on my toes lately. I'll spare you the details, but he's been having lots of blow-out diapers for the past couple of weeks. The worst day was Monday. I changed 6 dirty diapers thru the day (including the one that leaked all over his bed when he woke up) and then he woke up twice during the night with more! It was crazy. He screamed in pain at each diaper change too.

[Add that on top of chiropractor appointments, attorney meetings, phone calls from insurance and the body shop, recorded statements over the phone, school pick-ups and soccer practice each day - this week's just been nutty.]

I wasn't sure if he had a virus or if he was allergic to something [mama's instinct was allergies or another food intolerance], so I took him to the doctor on Tuesday. She sent his stool to the lab and prescribed a heavy-duty diaper rash cream for his blisters. She said to take all the fruits away he was eating and only give him bananas (along with his dairy-free "safe" stuff) and then slowly re-introduce foods one at a time.

So, that's what we're doing this week. Hoping our boy gets to feeling better soon and that we'll get this whole thing figured out. But, for now, I'm playing it safe and taking one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...