-->

Friday, February 8, 2013

A Better Me


I am no style expert. I'm just a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. (C'mon people, I could live in yoga pants every day of the year.) But for the last several months, I've purposely made an effort to spend more time on myself each day, which has made this mama feel good on the inside too.


Some days I wake up before the kids are up or when Connor's talking away in his crib, but I always get up, take a quick shower, get dressed (in something other than sweats), put on makeup and flat-iron my hair. I make our bed and sometimes even fit in some time with the Lord.

It's not always perfect. Each day is different. I may not even leave the house some days. But, I still take that time (even if it's just a few minutes) for myself. I'm learning to mix and match my clothes and appreciate all those fun things again - like jewelry, makeup, tall boots and skinny jeans.

I'm climbing out of the mommy rut. I'm becoming a much better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...