-->

Friday, October 12, 2012

One of Those Days

Yesterday was one of those days. Jake forgot his homework at school but didn't tell me until Connor was down for a nap. Detention looming, a mass 10-year-old tantrum in the closet ensued. The kids fought and argued outside. Connor woke up early, went straight for the fireplace and DVD's. Brooklyn fell off the swing, more tears were shed. Nobody liked having leftovers for dinner. And mom was just plain tired.

Yep, it was one cruddy day. But, hubby came to the rescue after he and Jake got back from soccer practice. He encouraged me to go to Panera and grab some dinner...alone. I had to run to Target anyway, but I kept finding reasons for me not to go.

The little ones needed to be tucked in. Jake needed a good talk before going to bed. Connor hit his head on the crib and started crying twice. There were dishes to wash, laundry to switch over, lunches to be made, bottles to prep.

It didn't matter, he pushed me to go anyway. And, boy, am I ever grateful.

I drove to Panera in my pajamas and ate a late dinner of soup and salad. The whole place was empty. I brought a book with me that I never read. Just sitting there in silence and enjoying hot, delicious food that I didn't have to clean up was a-mazing. And walking up and down every aisle at Target, drink in hand, was good for the soul. (And my sanity!)

It was just what I needed. Now, I'm refreshed and ready to enjoy our busy weekend ahead. Thank you, babe.

Happy Friday to you!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when husbands get it. Sometimes I think they realize we need a break before we even know we need one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...