Thursday, September 13, 2012
Tastes like a sub - but better!
- 2 (10 oz.) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced boiled or smoked ham
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 (12 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
Unroll one package of crescent roll dough and cover the bottom of a 9x13 greased baking dish. Layer the ham, provolone cheese, Swiss cheese, salami, pepperoni and red peppers on top of the dough. In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly and stir in the Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Pour 3/4 of this mixture over the peppers. Brush with the remaining egg mixture. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove foil and bake another 10 to 20 minutes, or until dough is fluffy and golden brown. Let cool, then cut into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 10 servings