-->

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Another Surgery

I am in shock. I just went through another emergency surgery and it felt all too familiar.

I woke up around 3:45 am Tuesday morning with horrific pain in my abdomen. (It felt just like the pain I experienced last March with my ruptured cyst...same time in the morning too.) I finally woke up Scot an hour later and we were in full-blown panic mode. I wrote down Connor's schedule and medication list, while Scot called our neighbor, Patsy, to come over and stay with the kids until my mother-in-law got there.

Scot helped me into the backseat and rushed me to the ER. They did a physical exam, but we had to wait for the ultrasound tech to get there at 7 am. I was in so much pain, I kept telling Scot to tell the nurses and doctor that I couldn't wait that long. They gave me morphine for pain, but it didn't do a lick of good. Finally, they took me in for a CT scan with contrast in my IV and saw my enlarged appendix, which was causing all that pain.

The surgeon and OR was totally booked so they couldn't get me in for surgery until around 3:00 that afternoon. It was one of the longest waits of my life, worrying my appendix might burst at any time. The surgery lasted about an hour and all went well. I stayed overnight in the hospital and was discharged early Wednesday morning.

I still can't believe we went through another surgery, just one week after Connor's circumcision. I don't have a whole lot of spare body parts left, so I'm hoping we're done with hospitals for awhile.

Now, I'm recovering at home, walking and moving around as much as I can to get rid of this carbon dioxide gas in my chest and ribs. Ready for life to get back to normal...whatever "normal" life is these days.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! Chauncey I cannot believe it. Our prayers are with you and your family. Take it easy and rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying for your recovery and for your family, Chauncey! Hope you guys don't have another hospital visit for a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...