-->

Thursday, March 1, 2012

What's Your Beauty Secret?


I'm a simple girl. I don't wear a lot of jewelry or like a lot of fluff. I don't wear a lot of makeup. But, people continually ask me what I use on my skin so I thought I'd share my no-fluff beauty secrets. (I'm laughing right now just writing this.)

When I was 12 years old, I started washing my face with Oil of Olay products (now called Olay) and I haven't turned back since. They're affordable, easy to find and they've always worked wonders on my face. Every morning and night, I wash my face with Olay's foaming face wash with warm water and rinse with cool water. Then, I apply their moisturizer on my face and neck.

For makeup, I've used Clinique's Superpowder Double Face Powder in Matte Neutral ever since my roomie, Amy, introduced me to it in college. (Thanks, Amy!) I've tried Bare Minerals and several other foundations since then, but I always come back to this one so it's here to stay. I use Clinique's eyeliner and blush, Maybelline Great Lash mascara and Maybelline Cover Stick Concealer (to hide those dark circles under my eyes.) I wear Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Pink Quartz, Barely There or Champagne Shimmer everyday and love it. And I wear lots of different brand eye shadows that I pick up at the grocery store.

For body lotion, my favorite is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion or Up and Up Moisture Rescue Body Lotion from Target.

For hair, I love all the Biolage and Paul Mitchell hair products. I dry my hair everyday with a round hair brush and touch-up the front with a flat iron.

I've never used anti-aging creams. I've never been to a tanning salon in my life. I'm just a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl who happens to be blessed with some really great genes from generations before me. And that, my friends, is the biggest beauty secret of all.  

2 comments:

  1. So funny you still use Clinique's Face Powder. I switched to Bare Minerals a few years ago. Maybe that is why my skin is not as pretty as yours :)

    You could not wear any mascara and your eyes would still pop with those lashes. I was always jealous of your eyes. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about that! Bare Minerals didn't seem to cover my dark circles or red marks on my face too well, so I had to switch back to Clinique. It is a lot thicker when you put it on so I guess heavier foundations work better on me. Always wished I could wear it, though. You're lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...