-->

Monday, March 12, 2012

Our Afternoons

For the last couple months, our afternoons have gone like clockwork at the Cianci abode. Since Connor's down to eating four bottles a day now, our afternoons and evenings aren't as crazy as they used to be.

A typical afternoon looks like this.

I pick up Jacob from school at 2:30. We come home. I get the kids a snack and put Connor down to finish his nap.


Jake works on homework in his room.


Brooklyn has quiet time in her room. Or, works on starfall on the computer.


The big kids get showers and get in their jammies early. (Don't let them fool you - they're not always as sweet and innocent as they look.)


Connor gets a bottle around 4:00 and then he gets a bath too.



I put Connor to bed around 5:30 and prep for dinner. (Somewhere in-between there, I run a load of laundry, wash bottles and empty the dishwasher while the kids put toys away.)



We eat dinner as a family around 6:30. Scot and I play with the kids. Then, the bedtime routine begins and the kids are in bed between 7:30-8:00.

Our afternoons aren't always perfect. Sometimes I'm running around like a crazy woman creating dinner out of thin air, Connor's crying or the kids are acting up. But, I've limited what we do after school and our days are much more peaceful. I know everything changes once soccer season starts but, for now, I'm enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...