-->

Friday, February 17, 2012

Sleep Training...and Other News


This week has been an adventure.

First, I started sleep training with Connor. He was really fussy the first 3 days after surgery, but we finally figured out he was just hungry! I upped his bottles to 7 oz. every 4 hours (just 4 bottles a day now) and he is a total gem...until he gets tired. Then, he's a big, hot mess. So far, Connor's reflux hasn't been a problem since surgery. So, I figured it was time for him to let go of the car seat and start learning how to go to sleep on his own in the crib or pack-n-play.

Easy, right? Uh, not so much.

He fought me tooth and nail sleeping in bed the first couple days, but he's doing much better now. He loves sucking on his paci and laying on his belly. He takes 3 naps a day that last 2-3 hours each and he sleeps 9-10 hours at night. Oh, how we love that!

Remember how Brooklyn got sick last Saturday? The day after we got home from the hospital? Well, she's been sick all week with a high fever (varying from 101-104 degrees), congestion, cough, sore throat, headache, stomachache, you name it. Not to mention, she's been lethargic, very sleepy, looks white-as-a-sheet and hasn't eaten much for 5-6 days. I took her to the doctor on Monday. No big deal. By Wednesday, she wasn't getting any better so I took her back to the doctor for a battery of tests, which they said would take 2-3 days to get the results. By the time Scot got home from work that day, she started getting worse. Her fever spiked again, she wasn't eating or drinking anything, she wasn't playing and she wanted to go to bed at 6:30pm. We were worried so Scot took her to the ER at Vanderbilt. They waited forever (till 1:30am) only to be told it was probably just a virus.


Her fever went away yesterday and then our doctor called back today and said she has Group B Strep and a Rhinovirus (a virus that infects the upper respiratory system and causes the common cold). Finally an answer! Totally made my week to figure out how to help her get better and confirmed my "mom instincts" that something just wasn't right.

We are on the way to normal life again in the Cianci household. I can almost feel it!

And I couldn't resist sharing this sweet picture of my boys at the airport last night. I brought Connor with me so Scot and Brooklyn could get some rest at home, and he enjoyed getting some love from big brother before boarding the plane to his dad's.


Hands down, the best moment of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...