-->

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Jig is Up

Yep. The jig is up. Connor's random crying spells came back.

He had three major crying episodes in the past 24 hours - one last night, one this morning and another one again tonight. All of them involved non-stop crying/screaming and required a drive in the car to calm him down. It has been emotionally and physically draining on all of us.

After talking with our pediatrician today, all of the symptoms still point to acid reflux. The Zantac worked for a short while (about 2 weeks ), but now our next step is to give him Prevacid twice a day along with his regular doses of Zantac. If for some reason that doesn't do the trick after a couple weeks, then we'll move on to Steps E and F. In the meantime, I'm going to have faith this is going to work.

During his most recent crying episode in the van tonight, this song came on the radio and it was just what I needed to hear. I know God met me right in that moment of helplessness, exhaustion, worry and fear. He is everything we need. He will carry us through.

Our pain is His pain. And that gives me peace.


2 comments:

  1. Hi-
    I know you don't know me from Adam, and I usually don't comment on blogs...I do enjoy reading yours:) Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that many of my friends have found relief from colic/acid reflux by going to a pediatric chiropractor. Just FYI.
    Praying it will get better :)
    Cari in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Cari! I will keep that in mind. We'll take all the tips and advice we can get! So glad to hear from you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...