-->

Friday, December 2, 2011

Thoughts

It's 4:06 am. And I haven't slept a wink yet.

Guess I've got a bad case of insomnia this week. Darn, you pregnancy hormones.

I've already tried the whole sleeping thing a couple times tonight and my reflux was so bad I couldn't take it anymore.

I've checked on the kids a few times, prayed, watched some TV, read some blogs, "window-shopped" online, popped in some Tums for my heartburn, gone to the bathroom a bazillion times...and now, I'm at a loss.

It's times like these that make a mama think. Or, replay the last several hours in one's head.

We had a really tough night with Jake tonight. He threw a huge screaming fit over homework and cutting his nails. Didn't seem like a big deal to me, but man he let us have it. We laid down the law and handed out the punishment for his actions, but Scot and I both felt horrible when we went to bed tonight. We couldn't help but think "What are we doing wrong? Are we really bad parents? How are we going to handle three kids? Does God really know what He's doing?"

The bottom line - we feel so inadequate with parenting some days. But, after talking with friends and other moms in MOPS and Bible study groups, I've learned I'm not alone. We all feel inadequate or ill-equipped in one way or another with parenting our young ones. But, just as our children are learning and growing, we are growing too. We're a constant work in progress.

I definitely have a long way to go. And I'm praying God does a mighty work on Jake's heart, too.

Well, I've dished enough. It's 4:48 am and I can actually breathe at the moment so I'm going to try this sleeping thing one more time. Thanks for listening to me ramble (whether you wanted to or not.) The sandman is calling my name...

Goodnight or good morning, friends. Happy Friday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...