- We cannot parent alone.
- We do not have what it takes to be a good parent without God.
- We are ill-equipped to be parents and only God can give you the strength to get through each day.
- Family worship is a lifestyle.
- Equip your children to stand up and stand alone for God wherever they go in life.
- Fight to have a close relationship with your kids.
- Have an open line of communication.
- Walk intentionally. Every day.
1. Love the Lord
- Before anything else, make sure that God is glorified and make Him a priority in your home and in your children's lives
- Teach your children to obey with a happy heart
- Use a gentle, calm voice
- Be prepared to stop what you're doing and work on the heart of your child
- Use natural consequences in disciplining
- Teach children to exercise control over one's self
- Know that you can't be obedient if you don't have self-control
- You have to model self-control if you want your kids to be self-controlled
- Tell your kids, "Life has stopped for you if you can't have self-control."
These are the basic things we are trying to instill in our kids at home. We're not perfect, we know we have a long way to go. But as parents, we're striving to walk intentionally as we go through this parenting journey each day. It isn't always easy, but we look forward to seeing the fruits of our labor in the lives of our children and grandchildren one day. It will all be worth it.
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6**For more info on Seeds Family Worship and their great tunes, check out their website here.