-->

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We spent a nice, long weekend with my family in Ohio this weekend. We stayed at my parent's beautiful home and the kids loved spending time with their Mamaw and Papaw.

On Friday, I took the kids to the splash park while the guys played golf and my mom got her hair done.











Mom took us out for shopping and a fun lunch at Culver's.


We went out to dinner and visited the condo where I grew up.


On Saturday, we took the kids to an indoor waterpark and they had a blast.







The kids spent time with their Aunt Lini.


We had a girls dinner date. Just me, Lindsay and Mom.


We visited grandparents.

     
     

We also went to my older sister's house and hung out with cousins and another set of grandparents. Tiff and I are both pregnant and only 3 weeks apart...gotta love those belly shots!



We said our goodbyes on Monday and started the long trek home. On the way, we stopped at a playground near Cincinnati so the kids could get some of their energy out. It was a great place for them to play...and for this preggo mama to stretch her legs.











The older I get, the more I'm faced with what I already know. It's nice to spend time with grandparents and extended family up north for a time. But, I'm a southern girl now through and through.



The rolling hills. The southern drawl. The friendly faces you meet at the mall, the grocery store or on the street. Slower days. Simpler lives. Football parties in the fall. People who 'say it like it is.' Meals brought over from friends and neighbors just to show they care. People who aren't afraid to stand up for what's right in life. Good ol' fashioned values.

     

My life, my family, my home is in the south. Here in Tennessee. And there's no other place I'd rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...