-->

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Girls Day

Scot's dad got tickets for the big Alabama vs. Arkansas game today, so the guys (Kris, Mike, Scot and Jake) woke up early this morning and headed to Tuscaloosa for the day. Since the guys were gone, Brooklyn and I declared it girls day. In other words, we did whatever the heck we wanted. Like spending the whole morning in our pajamas. :)

The first order of business was bringing some baby stuff down from the attic. Yes, I know that sounds ridiculous (especially for someone who is 7 months pregnant and barely fits on a ladder) but I thought I would save Scot at least one trip and do some moving myself. Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done, but I did.

While I was in the attic, I found an old box of beanie babies I had collected in high school and brought the box down for Brooklyn to open. She loves stuffed animals so much she was totally speechless!



We cleaned up and headed to lunch at one of our favorite places. Steak-n-Shake.


Gotta love those free kids meals on the weekends!

     
After lunch, we went shopping at a billion different places, only to buy one thing. And let me tell you, my shopping partner was such a trooper. She brought her coloring book and crayons along and colored happily in the cart, while this crazy mama looked up and down every aisle. The two dum-dums didn't hurt either.


We went to the mall and stopped at the play area for awhile. I figured I had my time earlier in the afternoon, so I let her play as long as she liked.


It was past dinnertime so we headed home for a late dinner of cheese and crackers. Got a bath and watched My Little Pony on Hub, while braiding her hair.


My little princess has just signed off and now I'm going to watch Dear John and enjoy every minute of it. Oh, and bawl my eyes out like crazy too. You know, since it's girls day and all. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...