-->

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

29 Weeks



I am 29 weeks!

Today I took my 2-hour glucose test and I'm proud to say that I actually remembered to fast. (Remember what happened last time?) I thought about grabbing a drink, a banana or even a candy corn on my way out the door this morning, but I didn't give in this time.

I packed breakfast, lunch and plenty of snacks for Brooklyn again since she stayed with me at the doctor's the whole morning. I got there at 8:15, drank my 10 oz. sugar drink at 8:45, and had my first blood draw at 8:50. My second blood draw was at 9:50 and the last one was at 10:50. I saw my doctor sometime in between there. We were there for over 3 hours and Brooklyn was amazing. Thanks to her stuffed animals, snacks, paper dolls and coloring books. And her special lunch at Chick-Fil-A afterwards. :)

The nurse will call me with the results tomorrow, so I'm hoping all goes well. In the meantime, I'll be nursing my arms. The nurse had to stick me and dig around twice in each arm and finally took blood in my hand as a last resort since my veins were not cooperating. I may look (and feel) like a human pin cushion, but I'm so glad it's finally over!

Here are the not-so-pretty things going on:

I have heartburn 24/7.
I have trouble sleeping.
My hips and back kill when laying in bed.
I wake up several times a night.
I have trouble getting back to sleep.
I have some pretty wicked dreams.
I can't catch my breath.
The kicking and punching seem constant.
I'm tired all the time now.
I'm gaining weight like it's nobody's business.
I have a full-blown waddle when I walk.
I am uncomfortable in any position.
I feel huge.
And I'm tired of hearing comments from strangers like, "Wow, you're really big! Are you sure you're only 7 months?"

The good things I want to remember:

I love to feel the baby move and know that he is okay.
I love to hear the kids talk about their baby brother already.
I love Scot's baby gifts (Alabama onesie and paci) and his excitement about having a son.
I'm going to treasure these days for I know they won't last forever.

The countdown officially begins. Only 10 more weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You look beautiful!

    I am SO envious that you were able to take Brooklyn to the doctor for three hours! I can't even take Jaden with me to get a quick shot on Tuesdays. You are one lucky Momma. :)

    I commiserate with you on each and every one of your points. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it 8 more weeks in this huge, unkempt, sleep-deprived state! I'm starting to get SO excited about the wee little boy that comes along with all of it though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...