-->

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What I am Learning

Here are some things I am learning while on bedrest (in no particular order):
  • I am not in control of my life.
  • Throw my independence out the window and be willing to ask for help. Accept help from friends, family, neighbors. Heck, anyone - whenever they offer.
  • It's okay to lay around on the couch all day and not do one single thing. The bon bons don't count. :)
  • Don't feel guilty. I tell this to myself every day.
  • I don't have to worry about grocery shopping, cooking dinner or cleaning house. Best thing ever!
  • I have plenty of time to dive into the Word and talk to God each day. There are no excuses. My relationship with God is growing as a result.
  • Accept the fact that I can't do everything like I used to.
  • Kids are flexible and resilient. This short amount of time without their fully-functioning mom won't hurt them or scar them for life.
  • My butt and back have gotten really sore. I have complete respect for elderly people, sick people, and pregnant women who are put on bedrest for long periods of time. I don't know how they do it.
  • TV gets old real quick.
  • Bedrest can be isolating and lonely at times. Online support groups are a wonderful thing.
  • I forgot how much I love reading. I read about one book every two days. I haven't done that since middle school.
  • Showers and shaving my legs are the highlight of my day.
  • I heart redbox.
  • A quiet house can be so refreshing but it can also make one go insane.
  • My hubby is one of the hardest working people I know. He literally does everything. And he's the best part of my day. :)
Things I miss since being on bedrest:
  • Driving. Being mobile. Going anywhere I want with kids in tow.
  • Walking. Being active. Playing outside with the kiddos.
  • Wearing makeup. Dressing up. Wearing something other than yoga pants.
  • Picking up Brooklyn and holding her like a baby, even though she's not my baby anymore.
  • Being helpful. Not helpless.
  • Taking care of the kids during the day all by myself.
  • Doing things on our summer list. Helping other people. Going to fun places with my kids.
  • Standing up to play Wii with Jake.
  • Going to the pool. Making crafts. Baking with the kids. Cleaning the house. And doing my own laundry. (I think I must be crazy!)
  • Buying a treat or two when I go grocery shopping.
  • Sonic happy hour.
  • Going to church.
  • Getting together with friends.
  • Going out to eat with the fam.
  • Sunshine. Fresh air.
  • My frequent shopping trips to Target.
But, the biggest and most important thing is what I'm looking forward to the most. And that's becoming a mother again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...