-->

Friday, June 3, 2011

2011 Summer List

Okay, without further ado - here's our 2011 summer list:


Yep, that's right. It's totally bare. (Remember last year's?)

A couple weeks ago, the kids and I came up with lots of fun things to do this summer: Vacation. Field trips. Museums. VBS. Splash parks. Picnics with friends. Puppet shows. Pool fun. Library trips. Reading books. Swim lessons. Ice cream stops. Crafts. Sprinkler fun. Popsicles. Fireworks. Lightning bugs. Pajama days. $1 kids movies.

We were really excited about all we had planned...until I went on bed rest this week. I have been forced to slow down (waay down) and accept the fact that this is going to be a totally different kind of summer. For me and the kids. And our family. I am still figuring out how to be okay with that. And be content too. Being on bed rest is a lot harder than I imagined it would be. Especially with the kids clamoring for my attention. But, I'm trying to keep my eye on the "prize" and keep things in perspective. I know God has a purpose for me. Even though I feel like a prisoner in my own home. I'm just waiting for Him to show me and use me as He sees fit.

Now, excuse me while I get back to business around here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...