-->

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Research

Since I've been laying around more than ever, I've had plenty of time to google and research my current condition. Apparently, this is what I have.

Subchorionic hematoma or hemorrhage.

It is the accumulation of blood within the folds of the chorion (the outer fetal membrane, next to the placenta). These bleeds, or clots, can cause the placenta to separate from the uterine wall if they get too large, if they develop in a bad spot, or if they aren't eventually reabsorbed. While most subchorionic hematomas dissolve on their own, it is possible for the clot to get in between the placenta and the uterine wall, resulting in miscarriage. There is also increased risk of placenta abruption and preterm labor.

My doctor said with limited activity, the hematoma will most likely dissolve or go away on its own. So, that's exactly what we're praying for. Knowing God is in complete control and He knows what's best for our little one.

Well, I've gotta run. I mean, get up off the couch. The kids are going stir crazy today, and I think the excitement from the Playhut tent, fort and movie idea has worn off by now. On to something new.

Thanks for your continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...