-->

Monday, June 20, 2011

Great News!

So...I started spotting some more last night. I called my OB's office first thing this morning and they got me in as soon as possible. Unfortunately, my OB was out of the office doing surgeries all day but I was able to see the nurse practictioner instead, with Brooklyn in tow. The nurse came in to check the baby's heartbeat with the doppler, but she couldn't find it. She ran that thing all over my belly (a little too abruptly, if you ask me) and finally said, "I can't hear anything. But, I wouldn't worry about it because he's probably hiding." Well, I started freaking out inside anyway. I couldn't help it. I had a little bleeding last night and now they can't find the heartbeat? How can I not freak out right now?

After an agonizing 20 minutes or so, the nurse practitioner comes in, calm and relaxed as could be. I told her about the heartbeat and I asked her to check again. In just a few seconds, she was able to hear the heartbeat with no problem. 160 bpm. Ah, then I could breathe.

She did an exam and an ultrasound. The baby looked perfect. Active as anything, I tell you. He was moving around, twisting, kicking, waving his arms, holding his legs, laying on his belly while putting his butt in the air...it was hilarious. Scot would have loved it. (So thankful they gave me lots of pictures to take home, though!) And the best news is that the hematoma or blood clot is gone! They couldn't see any sign of it on the ultrasound, so I was told to take it easy for the next day or two and then I can resume normal activity from here on out. I couldn't believe it.

Woohoo - no more bedrest for me! I'm still going to take it easy and try not to overdue it or do anything crazy, but this is the best news ever. Way better than anything else I had prepared myself for today. Thank. the. Lord.

3 comments:

  1. How scarry! I hate when nurses and or drs do things like that. Dont they understand that you are going to FREAK OUT! Well I am so happy for you that you are off bedrest now as I am sure you are too. Still do your best to take it easy as much as possible and let us know if you need ANYTHING. This little man is going to be something when he gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I did manage to stay calm on the outside but I was a big ball of nerves until I heard the heart beating strong. Thank you so much for thinking of me! And yes - this little guy is going to be something else, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Glad you are doing well!!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...