-->

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Clean

I am learning a lot lately. I'm growing a lot too.

Last week in Bible study, we discussed how to have a clean life from the book When Wallflowers Dance by Angela Thomas. Angela's story and words really touched me.

As a single mom of four kids, she talked about different things she has done over the years to keep her home clean. Limiting TV privileges. Limiting kids' movies to G or some PG-13 rated movies (depending on the age). Limiting kids' video games to only "E" rated games. No internet privileges (except for school research with supervision). Making sure friends' homes are safe. Having rules, even when they are drastically different from the norm. Making sure your home is fun and full of family activities (and snacks too!) Making sure you, the parent, are doing everything in your power to protect and guard your children so you can confidently stand before God one day and not have any regrets.

A clean heart. A clear conscience. A clean home.

That's exactly what I want to have. A clean life.

Time to think. Time to grow. Time to get closer to God. Put all the distractions aside and listen to Him. Be the Godly woman He wants me to be.

Clean.

Yep, that's what I want. That's what I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...