-->

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Randomness

Last week, Jacob got his certificate for perfect attendance for the first 9 weeks of school. I think this is only the second time this has happened in his school career thus far, so it's definitely something to celebrate in this house!

His last soccer game for the fall season is this Saturday. The team is celebrating with a pizza party and trophies. The coach asked Jake to come to Open Academy practice on Fridays this fall {in addition to his regular practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays} because he sees potential in him and wants him to be ready for the travel soccer team next year. So, that's what we've been doing the last few months. It's been a little crazy at times, but this is something that Jacob really wants to do and we'll do whatever we can to help him excel at the sport and have fun at the same time.

Our ebay business, which has been Scot's part-time job for the past 3 years, will officially close by Christmas. Scot feels like it's time to move on. Plus, he wants to have more time to spend as a family and actually live again - without working 16 to 18 hour days.

We've also been working like crazy {well, actually Scot has been working like crazy} to pay off our credit card and get out of debt. After paying off large amounts in the past 3 months, we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. And it's such a freeing thing. Now, we're looking at sponsoring another orphan or two and giving generously to some other organizations. It will be neat to see what God has in store for us and how He will use us to be a blessing to others. To say we're excited about this new season of life is an understatement.

I am loving my MOPS group and women's Bible studies at church. God is really stretching me and pulling me out of my comfort zone. It is scary and exhilirating all at the same time. I'm also keeping busy with doing childcare at the church twice a week. It's like a mini Mother's Day Out program for Brooklyn - except that I'm there helping out in the classroom and getting paid. Not a bad gig.

Speaking of Brooklyn, she is still in Pull-Ups full-time and has no interest in potty training. I haven't pushed her, even though I've wanted to plenty of times. But, I'm waiting until she's ready. At this point, I just hope she will be potty trained by the time she goes to kindergarten!

For the first time in years, I am finally building a wardrobe again. You know, clothes that don't have holes or stains on them and actually look my age. Sweaters. Boots. Skinny jeans. Yes, I said skinny jeans, people. Totally different from my typical yoga pants and T-shirt look. I feel {and look} like a new woman.

I'm looking forward to a possible date night this weekend. We may not be able to find childcare in time, but the mere possibility of a couple child-free hours sounds glorious to me. I don't even care what we do either. Just sitting in the car together in complete silence to just be would be amazing beyond words. Anything else is just icing on the cake. I love date nights. Even if they are few and far between.

Oh, and I broke out the Christmas music today. Yep, I've become one of those crazy people. I bought the Trans-Siberian Orchestra CD at Kohl's today for $5 and I just couldn't help myself. So there.

Well, that's my randomness for today. Hope you're having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...