-->

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend


On Friday and Saturday, I went on a women's retreat with church friends and it was just what I needed. I laughed. I cried. I felt loved and accepted there. I learned so much. I was inspired to be a better wife, a better mom, a better friend. I left a changed woman. A woman ready to create a legacy. My legacy.

I've got a long way to go, but I can feel the Spirit working through me. And I like the new "me" that God is helping me to become.

I hated to leave Scot and the kiddos behind for a couple days, but it was so refreshing to have some time for myself. Scot was amazing while I was gone. He took the kids to Jake's soccer practice, gave them baths, put them to bed, cleaned the bathrooms, folded laundry, took the kids with him to get a haircut, went to Target, got some groceries, fixed lunch, took them to Jake's soccer pictures, drove back home to pick up Jake's other soccer jersey and went to Jake's soccer game.

Did I mention I was married to Superman?

I got back from the retreat and met up with everyone at the soccer game. It was a great game, 13-2.


Oh, and Scot also fixed hamburgers on the grill for dinner and set out candles in the bedroom last night. With a little back massage included. It was heavenly.

So glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...