-->

Monday, June 7, 2010

Sonic Fix

Jake called today. This is the third time I've talked with him since he's been gone. He sounded old. And happy. It made my heart glad, but I sure do miss him.

I've been in kind of a funk today. We went to swim lessons this morning, and they didn't go well. Brooklyn cried during most of it. I tried laying her down for a nap after lunch, but that didn't work. I received several emails from Jake's dad with details about his possible move to TN. (Which are totally unrealistic, might I add. A 6-month split living arrangement? I don't think so.) Plus, I was bummed and feeling out of sorts with Jake gone. And tired.

It was just one of those days.

I couldn't stand being at home anymore, so we went to Sonic and got two cherry limeades. We sat in the parking lot with our windows rolled down. I read my Bible and devotional book. Brooklyn sat in the back and watched a DVD. It was the best 40-minutes ever. I felt refreshed after connecting with God again and getting a little time to myself. A good $1.50 spent.

The garage sale went really well on Saturday. We didn't make a ton of money, but it's nice to have a clean attic again. Scot got up at 5:30am and did all of the work that day, while I kept Brooklyn busy. He was amazing.

We went swimming at the Y on Saturday afternoon. It was a lot of fun - even if it was almost 100 degrees. Brooklyn swam like a fish, only stopping for rest periods. We were there for over 3 hours. Boy, were we whipped when we got home!

On Sunday morning, Brooklyn woke up and did her typical thing at breakfast. She shared her breakfast with some of her favorite friends. Right now, the three duckies are her favorite. It's so cute to watch her "feed" them.


I snapped a few pics before we went to church. Brooklyn looked so pretty mischievious in her smocked dress that Grammy made.


One can't help but smile when you look at that face. Except when she's throwing a fit. But, I'll be fine. As long as I get my Sonic fix. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments.

    It's wonderful to know that other moms feel the same! We gotta stick together..ya know!

    Loved Brooklyn's dress. Just gorgeous. I love those smocked dresses..they are timeless.

    Glad you were able to get a little "refreshing time". Limeades and God's word...what could be more refreshing than that!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...