-->

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekend to Remember

We're back. Back from a busy, fun-filled weekend in Ohio.

On Friday, we visited with Grandma in her assisted-living apartment.


Then, we drove to the cemetery to bury Nana's ashes. All the family was there, except for my cousin Devon and Jake. (Jake was at his dad's for the weekend.)

So glad we were able to come. It was a moment I'll never forget.

 
There are some days that I forget Nana's not here anymore. I'll pick up the phone to call her and tell her about my day, and then reality sets in. She was the best grandma. I'll always miss her.

After the burial, we caravaned around town. Mom showed us where she grew up and where she went to school. We ate dinner at Der Dutchman in Plain City - they have the best buffet of homestyle Amish food. The desserts are incredible.


Brooklyn loved it, of course.


After dinner, the kids (and adults) played on the awesome playground in the back. By the time we left, everyone was worn out!


On Saturday, my sisters and I took Mom to a girls tea at Biddy's. It was so fun.


We ended the night with a big celebration of Mom and Brian's 25th wedding anniversary at Mitchell's Steakhouse.


It was definitely a weekend to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...