-->

Friday, May 28, 2010

2010 Summer List

Summer is officially here. I am happy and overwhelmed at the same time. There is so much I want to do and so little time.

I found the neatest idea on Meg's blog to help make the summertime more fun. (With the help of her kids, she makes a list of things to do as a family each summer. It is genius, I tell you.) Jake and I got together and jotted down some of our own favorite must-do ideas.

Here's our 2010 summer list:


Once we finished our list and hung it in the kitchen, I was excited. But, then I felt sad.

Jake is gone for a month with his dad every summer, and he really misses out on a lot. I wish I could save up everything for when he gets back, but that's not fair to Brooklyn and our family. It's not realistic. The fact of the matter is - life must go on. As much as I want to fight it, I can't change the circumstances. So, I'm gonna throw my guilt out the window, make the best of it and have fun with my family of three for the next month. Knowing my son is safe in His hands.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...