-->

Friday, April 9, 2010

A Musical Experience

Yesterday, Brooklyn and I met up with Aunt Jenn and her three kids and Grammy at the downtown library to see the Llama, Llama musical based on Anna Dewdney's Llama, Llama children's book series.

We left in time to get there an hour early, but Brooklyn threw me off-track when she vomited everywhere on the way there. It was all over her face and clothes - and the car seat was soaked. Thank goodness I had plenty of wipes, paper towels and an extra set of clothes!

Other than dry-heaving once or twice, it never happened again. I figured it was just a random puking incident (and it was), so we braved the musical anyway, carrying along our paper towels and Purell.

All things considering, it was a really neat show.


The kids loved the llama puppets.


And I even snapped a picture of Brooklyn with the puppets at the end too.


We all packed our lunches and ate in the courtyard outside the library. Brooklyn ate a ton of food at lunch, and she seemed fine the rest of the day.

Isn't that life, though? Just when you think you have it all together, we're always reminded (in all different ways) that we can't do this thing called life on our own. I'm thankful for God who promises to make all things new. Family and friends who keep me sane. And a 2-year old little girl who keeps me on my toes every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...