-->

Friday, January 29, 2010

What's Up Friday?


Everyone slept in this morning. Last night, the county informed us they were canceling school today due to the possibility of snow. Jacob was thrilled and slept in until 7:01am instead of the usual 6:30am wake-up call.

There was no snow to be found when I got out of bed at 8:00. Not too surprised there.

I fixed leftover blueberry pancakes for the kids' breakfast. There's not much fixing that goes into leftover pancakes, but they were happy nonetheless.

Scot took his pain meds around 6:00am, so he was konked out. I decided to let him sleep and get the kids out of his hair. So...I made the last-minute decision to go to a marionette show at the downtown library. I quickly threw some food together for lunches, put some makeup on my face and brushed my hair.

By the time I left the house, the snow was starting to pick up but the roads were just wet. Everyone drove 30-35 mph on the interstate so it took us forever to get there. And the roads were just wet. That's the south for ya, folks!

The Frog Prince was a wonderful show. The kids and I loved it. Well worth the wait.

It took us over an hour to get home. Well, close to home. The roads went from wet to slushy. But still manageable to drive in. I sat in line on the interstate for at least 20 minutes to get off on our exit. I saw it wasn't going anywhere, so I got out of line and drove to the next exit. Good decision for sure.

We went to Publix and got some necessities for the weekend. Milk, bread, butter, water, pizza, tortillas, Pop Tarts, cookies...you know, the necessities. Scot said he was craving honey mustard and I was craving chai tea mix, so I got those too. It was an interesting list, to say the least.

Four and a half hours later, we pulled in the driveway. Jacob went to play outside in the snow with our neighbor.

Scot helped put the groceries away and I laid Brooklyn down for a nap. At least it's semi-quiet time for her. And for us. Then, I took a shower.

I am excitedly sitting here in my T-shirt and sweats for the rest of the night. There's nowhere to go. There's nowhere we need to be. And I'm totally fine with that. In fact, I think we'll be hibernating all weekend with the 4-6 inches of snow we're supposed to get tonight and the additional few inches we're supposed to get tomorrow. It doesn't sound like much if you live up north, but this is pretty big for us here in the south.

Now, you'll have to excuse me. It's time to put our pizzas in the oven and pull out the sleeping bags for family movie night tonight.

Wish you could join us. Happy Friday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...