-->

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow day

Jacob's school called us last night to inform us the schools would be closing due to a chance of snow accumulating today. We woke up this morning expecting to see a blizzard...or at least a few inches on the ground, but instead we saw this.


A slight dusting of snow on the ground. Go figure. Only in the south.

Jake was glad to have the day off anyway. I mean, what kid wouldn't?

We worked on school work this morning so it was out of the way. I cleaned up the kitchen and worked on some laundry. Then, the kids painted...actually, fingerpainted, read and worked on puzzles in the afternoon.


Brooklyn loved making a mess! Can you tell?

We got a second phone call from the school around 4:00, informing us that school has been canceled again tomorrow due to the icy road conditions. (Say what??) So, Jake invited his best bud, Michael, to spend the night. They have been playing Xbox, playing board games, watching movies and having a blast as always.


I didn't realize that playing Xbox could get so intense. And, yes, I'm sorry to say that my Christmas tree is still up. Totally lazy, I know.

Snow days are the best.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! That is so funny. I grew up in Wyoming where we carried sand and salt in our trunks so we could dig ourselves out when driving around town. It took a record breaking blizzard (I'm talking drifts over the roofs of houses) before they would cancel school. Your kids are so lucky!

    Sonora - twinfinity.org

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...