-->

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The climb


Okay, this song is one of my favs and it totally describes my life. (Yep, I'm a big Miley Cyrus fan and I'm not afraid to admit it!)

Listen to the lyrics...

Always going to be an uphill battle. Sometimes, I'm going to have to lose. It's not about how fast I get there. Ain't about what's waiting on the other side.
It's the climb.
There's always going to be another mountain. I'm always going to want to make it move.
Keep on moving. Keep climbing. Keep the faith.
It's all about the climb.

Living for God is hard. Marriage is hard. Raising kids is hard. Having a blended family is hard. Putting others before myself is hard. Getting out of debt is hard. Living on a budget is hard. Heck, getting out of bed in the morning and putting a smile on my face some days is even hard!

Life. Is. Hard.

But, God is molding me. Changing me. Stripping away my selfishness. My pride. My impatient, lazy ways. And making me something new. Even when I don't deserve it. Thanks to his never-ending grace.

Yes, Miley, life is all about The Climb. So, instead of avoiding that big ol' mountain, I'm gonna tighten the straps on these hiking boots and keep on climbing!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. I agree with you completely. Life is hard and it is good to remember that life is a process and we aren't alone in it. I am also thrilled to find another admitted fan of this song. One of my first posts was about two of Miley Cyrus' songs.

    Sonora - twinfinity.org

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...