-->

Monday, December 7, 2009

Sugar cookies

Yesterday afternoon, I had grand plans to make cut-out sugar cookies with the kids. Everyone would cooperate. Everyone would get along. Everyone would have fun. Christmas music would be playing in the background. We would all be happy. And the cookies would turn out beautifully and taste delicious.

Sigh.

My plan didn't turn out so well.

I was tired and crabby. Jacob got flour happy. Brooklyn started throwing dough all over the floor. And my sugar cookie recipe was horrible. Just horrible. To top it off, I ran out of flour. Can you believe that? Thankfully, Scot was kind enough to make a last-minute run to Kroger for me. He knew what he was dealing with, so I didn't blame him for wanting to get out of here.

Since all is said and done, I admit I had a bad attitude. I didn't feel the Christmas cheer. I wasn't being a fun mom for my kids. I wasn't being a nice wife either. I was all baked-out and just plain tired.

But, today is a new day and I'm ready to get back on the saddle! I have a better attitude (thank you, Jesus!) and I'm on the look-out for a better sugar cookie recipe. If you have one for thick sugar cookies, please send them my way. My husband and kids will surely thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...